Thursday, December 31, 2009

A New Year, A New Beginning.

I can't believe it's already time for a new year already. I feel like 2009 just started. Why does it seem every year, it goes by faster and faster? Jeez, slow down a little, life!

This year, by far, was one of the best of my life. There were a handful of letdowns, but every year has to have them, or there would be nothing to look forward to, nothing to make better, nothing to live for.

I challenged myself to limits I didn't think I had. Never would have thought I could do sales, but I excelled, nonetheless. Never thought I could take on the hardest semester in the history of my schooling, but did it, nonetheless. (My GPA for the semester was the lowest it's ever been, but I'm happy for what I got because of how hard I worked for it.) Never thought I could get past running only 4 miles in one single run, but did it, nonetheless. Never thought I could be so depressed in my life, but pick myself up, but did it, nonetheless.

I've said this in the past, but I really grew up this year. I'm so happy how well (for the most part) the year turned out. I've learned what's really important in life and to not let the little things get to me. I've learned how to express my feelings right when I'm feeling them. I've learned that some people just gradually become a thing of the past. I've learned that I don't need a boy to make me happy. I've learned that sometimes holding onto the past isn't necessarily a bad thing. I've learned that no matter what I set my mind to, I can achieve it, no matter how long it takes me.

I'm hoping all of the things I accomplished this past year lead to even greater things for 2010. However, this may seem superstitious, but my "even" years (2004, 2006, 2008) seem to be more disappointing and more emotional years then my "odd" years (2005, 2007, 2009). Hopefully this pattern will end this year! 2010 is the beginning of a new year, a new decade, a new beginning. And I say, BRING IT ON.

1 comment:

  1. kel, i love reading your blogs (pretty sure ive read every one) and our year sounds SO similar. so happy to have you in my life :) and i have a reallllly good feeling about this next year (as lame as that sounds) partially because this year you and i will be living togetherrrr! yay love you and have a GREAT new years my love.

    ReplyDelete

Followers